Absolutely. This is referred to as an administrative wage garnishment (AWG). When you default on your student loans, The Department of Education can begin withholding a portion of your paycheck. This is the worst of all worlds since they will be garnishing the money that you need to get out of default.

The best thing to do is to contact a student loan lawyer right away for student loan garnishment help so that you can you avoid the onset of an AWG and get your loan out of default. If you have any further questions regarding AWG, call us immediately.

<Back to FAQ’s>